Diploma in Open Source
What is Open Source ?
Open Source Software is software developed and released with the source code with limited or no restrictions and it is a software where the source code is available for modification or enhancement by anyone. Open Source Software is widely used by IT companies across the world.
Why Open Source Software?
Companies like Google, Facebook, You tube, Twitter,Yahoo, started using Open source software and with that success, now Open Source Software is widely used by IT Industries across the world. A report by Standish Group states that adoption of open-source software models by IT companies has resulted in savings of about $60 billion per year.
What is the Advantage of Open Source?
- Job Opportunities are more.
- Open Source has demand skill than other technologies
- No Cost for IT Industry, Only Recruitment Cost.
- Eligibility : Any Graduate
- Year of pass out not an criteria
- Switching from Non IT / Call center Job to IT – This is the best skill as it is easy to learn and companies ignore previous
- Competition is very less when compared to other technologies..
- Not only the Software firms, Government organizations started using Open Source.